Triumph Dolomite

Paul Amey

I've seen a Dolomite 1500 HL for sale at Mathewson's auctions. Did the 1500 HL have twin carb's as standard? I've looked at the MOT history on this one and it mentions corrosion around front outriggers but not excessive. Is this fairly normal and an easyish fix?

Paul

I think the HL had, being the uprated version with a lot of extras compared to the basic model.

If it mentions corrosion, it could be light rust, not a great problem, but if it's actual perforation that's a more involved repair. You really need to see it in person and decide.

overdrive is a very desirable extra on a dolomite.... HL had the nice dash, upholstery etc and twin headlights. 

(I have a toledo and a recently purchased 1850HL)

Front outriggers? Not really sure what they are referring to with that description.

Maybe the front subframe as they tend to rot at the front. As Colin says you need to view it. I have an 1850 auto that has never been welded, but i saw some right dogs before i found it. Be very wary about buying it without seeing it as you will have no comeback and repair panels are scarce. They are great cars though.

Tony.