Jump to content

2500s flywheel or one that will fit!


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Mathew said:

I hope someone has a spare flywheel as while changing the clutch i discovered a couple of cracks. Ideally near to west norfolk as possible. 

 

Thanks mathew

Hi Matthew,

I have a spare 2500S flywheel but is Market Harborough in Leicestershire too far for your to collect? I'm less than 10 minutes from junction 3 of the A14. The 2500S engine is in my GT6 with the lighter GT6 flywheel, so I will never need the original.

I can dig it out and check the condition if you're interested.

Nigel

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nigel Clark said:

Hi Matthew,

I have a spare 2500S flywheel but is Market Harborough in Leicestershire too far for your to collect? I'm less than 10 minutes from junction 3 of the A14. The 2500S engine is in my GT6 with the lighter GT6 flywheel, so I will never need the original.

I can dig it out and check the condition if you're interested.

Nigel

Thanks nigel, i have pulled the flywheel off, market harborough is not too far if i can bolt this one on! What sort of time scale and how much do you want? Pm me if you don't want info public.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mathew,

I will check my flywheel this afternoon and post pics of each side. From memory, it's in usable condition though there may be some wear on the ring gear. It certainly should be 'bolt straight on', as it came from a 2500S with an MM engine number.

Nigel

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nigel Clark said:

Hi Mathew,

I will check my flywheel this afternoon and post pics of each side. From memory, it's in usable condition though there may be some wear on the ring gear. It certainly should be 'bolt straight on', as it came from a 2500S with an MM engine number.

Nigel

👍 thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news I think!

My 2500S flywheel is in decent condition. No visible cracks, ring gear looks almost unworn with 117 teeth. The clutch face has light surface corrosion, and would benefit from cleaning up with sandpaper.

If you're being fussy, for a car you're planning to keep long term, it might be worth getting the face lightly skimmed, but not essential.

I've also got a serviceable Borg & Beck clutch cover you can have if you need it.

Just let me know and we can arrange collection via PM.

Nigel

20210408_132646.jpg

20210408_132659.jpg

20210408_132712.jpg

20210408_132737.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel Clark said:

Good news I think!

My 2500S flywheel is in decent condition. No visible cracks, ring gear looks almost unworn with 117 teeth. The clutch face has light surface corrosion, and would benefit from cleaning up with sandpaper.

If you're being fussy, for a car you're planning to keep long term, it might be worth getting the face lightly skimmed, but not essential.

I've also got a serviceable Borg & Beck clutch cover you can have if you need it.

Just let me know and we can arrange collection via PM.

Nigel

20210408_132646.jpg

20210408_132659.jpg

20210408_132712.jpg

20210408_132737.jpg

34 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Nah     them oles is missing    ha !

have pm ed

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

had a poke around the workshop manual and BW35 drive plate is def 4 equi spaced  holes  the type 65 as far as the Triumph wsm is concerns doesnt have a torque convertor its not shown or mentioned 

mad !!!!       just hoped it showed 6 holes       ....failed on that one 

Pete

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

 

mad !!!!       just hoped it showed 6 holes       ....failed on that one 

Pete

You never fail, sometimes we have an opportunity to improve 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if someone can explain how you bolt a 4 hole drive plat to a 6 hole flywheel i wont feel failed  

rimmers pic shows similar drive plate 35 /65    i want a 6 hole  to shut it up 

its all as we said a bit   ODD     it looks original but doesnt add up 

the engine suffix is A   and might explain the missing spigot brg,  autos dont have one 

time for bed said Zebedee

maybe Dylan has the clues   or Ermentrude     Ha 

pete

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now a question, i have access to a lathe. Do i sacrifice an end of a crankshaft so i can mount the flywheel safely or spend time making something that i could bolt it too?

If i do , i have 2 mk4 and 2 1500 engines. Which one? The mk fours are possible runners, the 1500s will need work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

now youve got me lost whats this all about  ?? weve gone from 2000 /2500   flywheels to 1300/1500 cranks ???

Pete

It looks like i could bolt the flywheel to the end of a spitfire crank . I could cut the end of the crank and mount that in the lathe to face it off. Too extreme?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...