Fitted carpets for Vitess/Herald

Bobtaylor

HI, has anyone bought or fitted the moulded carpets sold by the club, I believe they are made by Newtons. I wish to replace the carpets in my vitesse and would like to know if the moulded carpets are any good and if they are similar to the originals.

Bob

I got my carpets from Coverdale, they're also a manufacturer. They do do moulded, but I had to get loose fit, the only way I could get the correct colour. However I would describe my original carpets as loose fit, the original carpet on the tunnel was draped rather than fitted. :lol:  And the rest are glued in place. The only place they're tricky to fit is the wheel arches.

Doug

23 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

they are newtons supplied 

moulded are the better than the loose fit  , substantial felt  backing and certainly moulded to fit 

not the best pic but this was mine with a club carpet set 

Pete

vit6 may09 004 (2).jpg

The seats look the business?. MGF?.

Pete

I originally used thick hessian type underlay, about 3/4" thick, but it caused the carpet to lift and foul under the seats when pushing back and forward. It also turned to powder after getting wet. I now use Silentcoat got off fleabay. There are many similar products, all very similar. It is excellent stuff and when warmed with a hair dryer and fitted using a decorating overlap roller, fits into all the nook and crannies beatifully.