Vitesse Plumbing

Roger

Progress has been slow on my Vitesse project but I have finally reached a point where I soon can try to start up my “new” engine for the first time. I usually take a lot of pictures before I take anything apart, but unfortunately I have no pictures of where the water hoses goes. I searched for pictures in WSM and by Google “Vitesse engine” but haven’t found a picture yet that shows which hose goes where. Do anyone here have a picture (or can explain) which hose goes where? There are too many of them! I could bypass the heater matrix for the moment, but I don’t want to stop or restrict the water flow in the engine in any way, so even that became a too complicated task for my brain. Thanks in advance! /Roger.

Edit: I forgot to mention: The engine is from a Mk I 2000 Saloon, inlet manifold is from original Vitesse HC engine. I don't know if the 2000 Saloon had any different system for heater matrix.

IMG_1030_.JPEG

39 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Någon hjälp?.

Thanks a lot Paul, that was just what I was looking for, at least the matrix hoses are clear on that picture! I don't know if it was Firefox or if you have spent a lot of time in Sweden, but the answer in Swedish was appreciated 🙂

I think I found a reason for my confusion! There are 7 pipes to connect so no matter how I do it one will be left... It turned out that the cylinder head on my old Vitesse HC engine is different. There is a water pipe on the cylinder head on the Mk I Saloon engine but the HC engine has a blanking plug in that place. I guess I will just put a plug where there is a pipe, then I have 6 pipes to connect which should be doable with 3 hoses... Anyone who knows why this is different on Vitesse HC engines and Saloon Mk I engines? (Picture from HC engine).

BR Roger

InkedIMG_1031_LI.jpg