Best available Clutch master/ slave cylinder option?

avivalasvegas

It would appear that the market is flooded with Chinese made products, which is something I'd prefer to avoid. Dale @ Moordale had rebuilt my equipped clutch master cylinder but that has since failed very quickly, leaking and damaging the paint underneath it. 

As such, no option left but to replace it. Any thoughts on where to purchase a replacement that has the least likelihood of failure in the near future? Witty anecdotes welcome but only if you supply a purchase link with it ;)

Cheers! 

13 minutes ago, avivalasvegas said:

It would appear that the market is flooded with Chinese made products, which is something I'd prefer to avoid. Dale @ Moordale had rebuilt my equipped clutch master cylinder but that has since failed very quickly, leaking and damaging the paint underneath it. 

As such, no option left but to replace it. Any thoughts on where to purchase a replacement that has the least likelihood of failure in the near future? Witty anecdotes welcome but only if you supply a purchase link with it ;)

Cheers! 

Try a guy called Dave Kingerley, link below.

https://longbridgemotorspares.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Paul H said:

I went for Girling NOS and they have a high price tag nowadays 

Paul 

I Had a quote for my Clutch Master off Dave recently £65 for genuine N.O.S. Girling

Probably half the price on Flea-bay for a Chinese one but how long will it last?   

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Gary Flinn said:

I Had a quote for my Clutch Master off Dave recently £65 for genuine N.O.S. Girling

Probably half the price on Flea-bay for a Chinese one but how long will it last?   

Exactly. I would never put a Chinese part on any of my cars. And that was before COVID19!!

I went for the Landy one (about £13 nowadays, inc delivery), after 2 failures of seal kits in my original girling (could have been a fault in the MC, smoooth, though worn bore?)

been on about 5 years, with no prob's so far.

Also gave me a much better working clutch, without the pedal, literally to the metal, which I understand is a positive side effect, due to being a slightly different size.  The neg side effect is it requires more foot pressure, though I find it ok, especially as can change gear fine with about a third pedal travel (maybe this also helps with reducing thrust wear?)