Hello from South Lincolnshire

New to the forum with my 13/60.

I over-paid for it last year when I went to look at it.

All my ideas about what to look for and avoid went out the window.

I missed a skewed body, huge gaps one side but close the other, other panel gaps all over the place, shocking paintwork, oil leaks, etc.

But the chassis and body are almost rust free.

Now a year later it is getting close to presentable.

4 minutes ago, SkillyHerald said:

New to the forum with my 13/60.

All my ideas about what to look for and avoid went out the window.

I missed a skewed body, huge gaps one side but close the other, other panel gaps all over the place, shocking paintwork, oil leaks, etc.

But the chassis and body are almost rust free.

Now a year later it is getting close to presentable.

Welcome to the forum , lots of help here . Can we see some pics 

Paul 

You probably didn’t over-pay. Firstly, it’s only money and secondly, just think of the hours of pleasure it’s already given you in tinker time. I expect that driving it puts a huge smile on your face, too. That’s all priceless.

You are not alone. As a one year old nostalgic newbie myself, I can vouch for the wealth of expertise given so willingly from always helpful forum members. 

• Like 1

Ditto. to (all) Most of the foregoing and welcome. Mine (13/60) was a Sunday Bid on E-Bay, an Outrigger that was going to be repaired and a hole in the driver floor. Which became an ongoing Body off refurb; since 2015.

Pete

:) Welcome Skilly. A very VERY similar situation to mine! Also a 13/60 but now, 10 months later it is purring like a kitten and as straight as a die.

The looks, waves and flashes you get when out in it make it all worth while. Even the wife asks if we can use 'Plum' when doing the essential trips :)

This club is a fount of knowledge and well worth the fees, even if just to read the members section!!

Good luck with your project

13 hours ago, SkillyHerald said:

No you didn't; that's all water under the bridge and long gone. We've all done it (I still cringe over my first Spitfire....)

Now you get the chance to learn, to set it right, and enjoy it knowing that it's been done properly. That's priceless.