get out and under ...too old for this

Pete Lewis

so this all started with a adhoc drive it day un organised follow me where did you come from run on sunday

anyone wants join locally baldock services  leave at 11am 

however the diff has a small leak so i decided to jack up and check the leak and oil levels  , so spanner , brake cleaner and squeeze bottle of EP jungle juice 

at the ready and the bottle falls over,,off comes the tubed top cap and now the drip on the floor is a drip under the car with a pool of EP90 spreading like the plaguue

so bang the head heave up on the tow ball and hunt the big tub of soak granules 

get under to throw the stuff in the swamp and the scoop hits the floor of the car and showers it everywhere ,but not in the oil

I respectfully request sick leave 

and the bloody diff didnt need a top up anyway     Grrrr

Pete

• Sad 1

Im sure the pills they make me take after the  heat attack are one to slow down followed by one to speed up

but after a year of lock ups the BUZZ  is just a buzz  i do more looking than doing 

but do have a 3 rail to rebuild this afternoon helping getting a 30 yr off the road GT6  back On the road   its a runner now 

Pete

My brother phoned this morning, he’s oiled his trunnions and wants to top up his leaking dif. He’s not bothered about getting down and under, it’s the getting back up that he’s anxious about.

I made a bargain with myself a while ago, If getting under is required someone else will do it and the government will pay! 

Doug

I have got to get under the 2500s but been locked in an argument about being overcharged by over 50 pounds by a parts company. Somehow the kit cost is broken down to charge less so i have been charged more for the sum of parts when i ordered the kit.!

3 hours ago, Mathew said:

I have got to get under the 2500s but been locked in an argument about being overcharged by over 50 pounds by a parts company. Somehow the kit cost is broken down to charge less so i have been charged more for the sum of parts when i ordered the kit.!

Hi Mathew,

that can happen and it is bl**dy annoying.

The sales person tried to explain that individual parts come from wherever the best deal is.

The kit is supplied as a kit from elsewhere and can be more. 

So they can't sell the kit at the parts price. It is a crazy world based on cheap

Roger

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Im sure the pills they make me take after the  heat attack are one to slow down followed by one to speed up

but after a year of lock ups the BUZZ  is just a buzz  i do more looking than doing 

but do have a 3 rail to rebuild this afternoon helping getting a 30 yr off the road GT6  back On the road   its a runner now 

Pete

I know what you mean Pete, on Sunday i decided to get all four wheels off the ground on my Dolomite. as I was going into hospital to have my new pacemaker rewired so no chance after. Everything went smoothly until i pressed the button to shut the door..... B++++++d thing wouldn't go past the front bumper :( :(    Back it went on its wheels where its staying........ Feel better though with the new megajolt wired correctly. 

Tony. 

14 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Mathew,

that can happen and it is bl**dy annoying.

The sales person tried to explain that individual parts come from wherever the best deal is.

The kit is supplied as a kit from elsewhere and can be more. 

So they can't sell the kit at the parts price. It is a crazy world based on cheap

Roger

Onto about email twenty! Starting to go my way, they have admitted to an overcharge (although not at first)but not the returned items now! Not going to drop it now, day three tomorrow. Although back on topic, have been under and on top of car to get this water pipe on. Looks like a late one as still starter and exhaust to manifold to fit , had to stop as a delivery's on its way!