Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There was i parked in baldock services and look what parked up.

20210425_105706.thumb.jpg.3a51a7dcd2a1ea6fc3d40cd46b532682.jpg

20210425_105753.thumb.jpg.64ebd03d1792ab8df7886ee9cbb8c214.jpg

20210425_105756.thumb.jpg.9136d63655a46dbd0dd0ffed00739588.jpg

I was curious, and they happened to go to the same place as me in Huntington !

20210425_123715.thumb.jpg.3ec2800ece30c0cb3aed35c0eeff2022.jpg

Was a bit busy for me there so made my way back home. Really nice drive out, covered about 125 miles which is more than i did for the whole of last year!

20210425_123717.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what happens when you infiltrate  Herts and Beds

good to put a face to a name 

we had ten cars in a fancy seeing you here convoy

and before anyone says 

from the Fbhvc 

ENGLAND

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport through the Tourism Alliance has confirmed that at Step 2 of the road map for exit from lockdown applicable from 12th April, an event such as the Federation’s Drive It Day may go ahead providing that:

 

  • The event takes place outdoors
  • Attendees will arrive and leave the event in a staggered manner throughout the day
  • It does not involve attendees converging on and congregating at a site for a specific discrete activity, such as a theatre or music performance
  • Rule of 6 or two households mixing outdoors applies
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seem`s logical. After all there are (far) more risks in Tesco or Aldi?. What "amuses" me is the fact that "they" can fight over the frock racks in the High st, without a thought for "social distance". But 2 guys cannot sit at a table in a Pub and have a quiet pint!.   

Pete

Link to post
Share on other sites

News today is that scientists are pushing for a complete lifting of all Covid restrictions by June 28th. Here's hoping!

In the meantime, I hit the North Coast this morning, very early start and breakfast from a forecourt deli; met only one classic which happened to be a gold-coloured TR7 convertible short of Dunluce Castle - all I got was a stony stare through enormous dark shades. Other than a few ancient Italian-style scooters in Bushmills there were no other Classics at all.

Scenery was great, though...

20210425_133837.jpg.338f18d94e180142955e2f66768c4ef3.jpg

20210425_133900.jpg.2e7183f3baaca26af8b02704517e9dfb.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

any idea of a prize for most travelled..............forget it 

the coincidence was mildly devised !!!   ie  are the Loo's open 

Pete

It was me me me . Thought about going over the other side of norfolk , but the thought of tea at home drew me in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All

                 Me and the Memsahib had a run out on our own and stopped to look a bridge then All these Triumphs turned up but we gave them the cold shoulder and drove off but the buggers followed us and I did my best to loose then on the scenic run but I must be getting slow?

Then it turns out they had bought a picnic like us!!! so we obviously ignored them again!

Then some of the buggers followed us to a nice café for cake and coffee!!   

Riff Raff ?

Roger

DSC02250.JPG

DSC02257.JPG

DSC02259.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello All

                 Me and the Memsahib had a run out on our own and stopped to look a bridge then All these Triumphs turned up.

Roger

DSC02250.JPG

Where abouts were you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

News today is that scientists are pushing for a complete lifting of all Covid restrictions by June 28th. Here's hoping!

In the meantime, I hit the North Coast this morning, very early start and breakfast from a forecourt deli; met only one classic which happened to be a gold-coloured TR7 convertible short of Dunluce Castle - all I got was a stony stare through enormous dark shades. Other than a few ancient Italian-style scooters in Bushmills there were no other Classics at all.

Scenery was great, though...

20210425_133837.jpg.338f18d94e180142955e2f66768c4ef3.jpg

20210425_133900.jpg.2e7183f3baaca26af8b02704517e9dfb.jpg

 

 

Looks brilliant, but devon in a day is probably my limit. Haven't been over since 1977! And then it was south of the border in my dads vauhall victor!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mathew said:

Where abouts were you?

Hello Matthew 

                        We had a run out (individually of course!) to Shobdon Airfield it's an old WW2 training base for the glider pilots and instructors.

Roger

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mathew said:

Interesting,  Herefordshire. Must take a look when next over that way.

Hello Matthew

                         A few times when we have been there something interesting flies in and they have snack just like we do in our old cars!

Roger

DSC01872.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn`t aware of any organised runs round here so just went for a couple of hours out in the Vitesse,around Windsor/Ascot/Maidenhead/Twyford(didn`t see Doug anywhere)then up through the villages to Bracknell and Chobham then home.Still can`t identify an annoying noise from the suspension when going over bumps/potholes.

S

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rogerguzzi said:

Hello Matthew

                         A few times when we have been there something interesting flies in and they have snack just like we do in our old cars!

Roger

DSC01872.JPG

Yak 52?.

Pete

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...