Hard top for Herald transportation?

Jeffds1360

10 minutes ago, Paul H said:

You can change your mind on an EBay Purchase . I sold a Vitesse petrol tank on EBay and the buyer didn’t collect for a month when I chased him he changed his mind and I had to refund.

Paul 

I'm not sure that doing that is strictly ethical as a contract exists at the end of an auction/buy it now, just like in a traditional auction house, but hey ho.

Distance selling laws may have some effect on contracts.

1 minute ago, Badwolf said:

I'm not sure that doing that is strictly ethical as a contract exists at the end of an auction/buy it now, just like in a traditional auction house, but hey ho.

Yes agree and appealed to EBay and I lost 😨

Paul 

nb I had the last laugh as it’s now worth twice the price 

Sorted ! He found the blue TR6 one and held his hands up. He says 'someone' told him it was Herald. He is going to re-advertise it if any TR6 boys are interested?

Got the money back. He put it down a 'purchaser cancelled order'. Hope that does not affect my credibility on Ebay!!??

Will start searching again when I have finished the Sunday lunch dishes.... about 4 or 5 hours :)

I'll have a think about Rogers too. What weight are these things?

10 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Got the money back. He put it down a 'purchaser cancelled order'. Hope that does not affect my credibility on Ebay!!??

That's quite sneaky of him. It should go under: "item was misdescribed." It means he's got a clean sheet and it's seemingly your fault the sale didn't go through. Seems he already has previous for the same:

1620831583_ScreenShot2021-04-26at10_41_13.png.09103f8528ffc49909ac629158bd8e93.png

I don't think so. He's not done his research. There are four others, two due to finish today. The two up today are currently £128 (one bid) and £49.99 or best offer (no bids), both have glass. The red Lenham is a buy it now at £110 with 43 watchers. I think I must be reading this all wrong or 'your' guy is a banker (sic)

It's also listed as a Triumph Herald TR6 Hardtop. Must fit some weird cut and shut restoration. He still can't spell Triumph (Triamph) in the description either. Words fail me...for once.

5 hours ago, Badwolf said:

It's also listed as a Triumph Herald TR6 Hardtop. Must fit some weird cut and shut restoration. He still can't spell Triumph (Triamph) in the description either. Words fail me...for once.

A lot of people refer to our cars as Triumph Herald Vitesse or Triumph Vitesse Herald as if the Vitesse is a version or variation of the Herald, so he probably doesn't know his Triumphs as well as we do. 

As for spelling... Well I did once buy a Trumiph Herlad... :)

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

who remembers the Piano Man ebay sprawl of tripe we had some hilarious posts on the old forum 

Pete

Pete - Well before my time. Perhaps you would care to educate us. No doubt it will be amusing, even if only a precis or in anecdotal form.

3 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I remember him. Wonder if he ever sold that car? Price must be up in the millions by now,

More my memory is scarred by his rambling nonsense. I doubt it ever sold, unless to somebody even more disturbed.

• 2 weeks later...