1970 Bond Equipe - driving position

Hi, just bought a 1970 Bond Equipe sight unseen. I should say I live in New Zealand so the cars a right hand drive. It was delivered last night and when I sat in drivers seat for the first time I'm concerned as the clutch pedal is to the right of the steering column which effectively means I need to have my left leg centre, or centre right of the steering wheel. Is this normal with these cars or have I potentially purchased a car thats seriously out of alignment, This is a panic post !!  Thanks Grant

Edited by Grant Paris
Stating car RHD

All the Herald/Vittesse series have the pedals "offset" in relation to the driver position. It was one of the "Quirks". My Vitesse and the Current 13/60 are the same. The Bonds are built on the same Chassis so I expect they will be tthe same too.

Pete

Spitfires have the same offset pedals.  I did not even realise until someone pointed it out so you can stop panicking, it is all normal.

I visited Dunedin last year; there was a cold wind off the sea even though it was only late summer.  Could explain why you have an albatross colony.

Hi Grant

Welcome to the forum

Is that black Mk2 with the removable roof?
As the others have said the pedals on these cars are seriously offset and you get used to it.
Bulkhead from the windscreen down of the Equipe is the same as Herald?Vitesse as is the running gear

I think that car might have spent some of its life in Wellington and was possibly owned by Dougal Stevenson at one time.

As you may know the MGF seats are a good replacement for the originals but do store the genuine seats as they are getting rare.

Adrian

i modified my MGF to tilt and lock ( gravity lock lever )  the back rest others manage to re use the original seat frame but the height of the headrest may restrict lift

not a problem hood down but can restrict in a saloon we often hacked around 4 up so rear access for golden oldies was important 

Pete

P9160624.JPG