I must be mad

Mathew

Remember the bit in Jaws where they're all comparing scars and the wee guy starts shouting: I got that beat! I got that beat?

Not only was I polishing exhaust silencers earlier in the week - save me a room in whatever Nuthouse you end up in, Matthew - but I was also polishing brass thermostats... just in case I take the Herald to a show and someone looks inside the housing...

104FACE5-BC98-4F75-8865-8B7560BFFF0A_1_105_c.jpg.f2319aada5102469aca40cad4341f4cf.jpg

• Haha 1

I like shine but im too lazy to go mad on polishing. The exhaust looks good though, i better get on and fit it. Don't waist your money on rimmers fitting kit! Does not replace all the joiners and the bolts are not long enough to go through the clamps supplied!!! 

I'm currently waiting on exhaust straps, so that I can fit my shiny silencer to the herald main pipe, but even from trial fitting I can see that they're not going to be in line with the brackets on the chassis outrigger. It's a sign of the times that none of my local autoparts suppliers have any straps in stock. They used to be everywhere! I just bought a 12 inch length of fabric-reinforced rubber and will make my own when it arrives.

well the shiny bits are on  start at the front and work rearwards   used a 35mm socket to open the slip joints and then fiddle the rear suspn beam mount

i rebushed mine before with  silent grommets from speed limited motors , tough and  squeegee.

so the saggy is replaced with shiny  still got 2 silencers but no leaks no sealant and its done 

anyone want  1 7/8" Flexible ????

and the brown is well stuck tan vinyl tape that will have to burn off

20210501_133549.jpg

20210501_104327.jpg

20210501_133542.jpg

need to polish mine its a few years old  Falcon unit   , all the  new  CW parts are pheonix

exhausts are a pain , where's the spanner ,youre lying on it , the floodlamp wire is crippling

when you kneel on it  then it sets fire to your ear .

followed by  two blood blisters from the quick drop axle stands 

now i wish i hadnt sold my car  length ramps and pods . hey ho 

flooring attracts underseal but its chequer plate vinyl from costco 

Pete

20210501_163615.jpg

My tail pipe looked rusty! 360 wet and dry, followed by 800 then 2000 with cleaning paste. Then drill with buffing and black block followed with buffing pad and white block. All finished with a cloth and fire cleaning paste. Almost a mirror finish from rusty look!