SU 4 carb piston mystery feature ?

Please could somebody explain the purpose of this plastic plug on the bottom of my SU HS4 carburettor piston? The lip of the plug protrudes very slightly from the bottom of the piston (shown bottom left) and prevents the piston from contacting the carb's bridge when in the fully down position, leaving a minute gap instead of a flush metal-metal connection. Is this intentional?

enter image description here

image.jpeg.73ebab9a5c823b736e4fbe048b8abc98.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

finding something which is not crime related or depressing is a challenge 

the repair shop  ?? maybe 

Remember "why don't you" Saturday mornings . Hated it, went outside as soon as it started. Pete you did the exhaust too quickly. You could lend a hand sorting the pumaspits one, need to raise the front about an inch to two! Keeps hitting any bumps!

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

you did the exhaust too quickly

no tried to fit leaving the back unit on but you cant refit the down pipe so 2 more bolts to drop the tailpipe silencer and work front to the back it all went smoothly

the double link hanger at the rear suspn Xmember hole is a fiddle and Grandson who assisted doesnt know right from left  or forwards rearwards

its a foreign  mode to his schooling     but i didnt bawl him out .  it will be a steep learning curve as they have no

practical experience ( dont ask  single parent and all that goes with it ) 

its a bit quiet  i may remove the falcon tail and use a straight alloy tube  time will tell 

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

its a bit quiet  i may remove the falcon tail and use a straight alloy tube  time will tell 

Pete

Quiet is good, for a saloon. Loud is ok for short blasting but you soon get bored/tired of it.