Greasing rear wheel bearings

19 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

no the seals are either badly fitted or worn out so   a good clean up , poke the drain hole clear and less frequent greasing 

just one snag      needs the hub  flange removing to replace a seal    Grrrr  !!!

Pete

Yes, I'm in no hurry to go there unless I have to. Hopefully, no more grease will find its way into the drums but I will check again after I next get out for a decent run. 

I believe I've put the inner drive shaft seal in the wrong way on the offside wheel ie not letting excess grease escape as I found grease in the hub, hadn't contaminated the brakes tho.

Fortunately I have 2 spare hub/backplate RH/LH rebuilt set ups ready (Covid homework) need to select a good drive shaft to install

Bummer, but I need to replace the brake S/S braided hoses anyway because they are the older Goodridge style without the plastic protection at the crimp point.

Aus ADR's require an insulator at the crimp point as they believe the S/S braided cover could work fatigue with constant flexing and fracture, the later plastic covered S/S braded hoses appear to be OK as that's what a local supplier has sold me!