Introducing Hetty the Herald

jagnut66

49 minutes ago, jagnut66 said:

I'd never heard about it until you mentioned it, where do I need to look for it?

Best wishes,

Mike.

Hi Mike 

lol you can’t miss it it’s posted everywhere..... go into general on the forum and you should see it there or look on TSSC Facebook it’s on there as well... if you enter good luck mate and thanks for participating 

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add to this topic by saying that reaction to Hetty in Mansfield seems very positive so far.

Most think she's 'beautiful', one woman even shouted accross B & Q's car park to state that 'you have a georgeous car mate'.

I can't help wondering though if this is, at least in part, because 'moderns' are just so bland and all look like they came out of a very similar mould......

Anyway a win for Hetty the Herald.

As an aside, are there any more Heralds in Mansfield, or even in Nottinghamshire??

I have never seen any in the 8 years I have lived here........

Best wishes,

Mike.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 22:13, jagnut66 said:

Just wanted to add to this topic by saying that reaction to Hetty in Mansfield seems very positive so far.

Most think she's 'beautiful', one woman even shouted accross B & Q's car park to state that 'you have a georgeous car mate'.

I can't help wondering though if this is, at least in part, because 'moderns' are just so bland and all look like they came out of a very similar mould......

Anyway a win for Hetty the Herald.

As an aside, are there any more Heralds in Mansfield, or even in Nottinghamshire??

I have never seen any in the 8 years I have lived here........

Best wishes,

Mike.

In my book any Triumph brought back on the road is a fantastic thing too do keep it going and you’ll have years of fun and enjoyment 

mark

• 1 month later...

As an aside, I came accross a picture of the Herald that started it all, my parents one with all my childhood memories / memories of my Mum and Dad attached to it. So I thought I'd share it on here, as it also seems to round this topic off nicely.

I believe this was taken before I was born, my Mum is at the wheel, so my Dad must have been behind the camera.

Best wishes,

Mike.

99 EMO Triumph Herald Mum & Dads 2nd car.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Mike - I have taken a liberty with your picture. Not sure if the colour is correct.

That's fine, the colour is, of course, Wedgewood Blue, which is why I was so 'colour specific' in my search. The picture would date from the early 1960's, I suspect it must have been just after they got it, as there seems to be only one picture of either car they owned. It was preceded by an Austin A30 or 35 (a black and white photo taken beside our home sometime in the 1950's. Long gone by the time I was born and also no longer on the DVLA database. 

And that is how my Dad maintained the Herald, it was in the same (extremely good) condition when my Dad sold it in 1980.

For the princely sum of £80. I was gutted.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Nice numberplate!!

It would have meant an awful lot to me to get that back but the DVLA basically said it wasn't possible, when I enquired (in writing) many years ago.

I guess it died with the car.

However, I'd rather that than see it driven around adorning some rich mans Porche or Merc, meaning nothing to them, except as a status symbol.

Best wishes,

Mike.

On 10/05/2021 at 20:50, jagnut66 said:

If so can you just weld up the splits

IF you decide to go that way. Consider getting them Brazed up. In my opinion, you will find that it will resist the same thing happening again in the future, better than weld. I have minor crack/splits, some in the top of the doors on the 13/60 where the quarterlight sits, and I intend to get them brazed up rather that Migged. Just need to borrow a Gas Set for a few hours.

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

IF you decide to go that way. Consider getting them Brazed up. In my opinion, you will find that it will resist the same thing happening again in the future, better than weld. I have minor crack/splits, some in the top of the doors on the 13/60 where the quarterlight sits, and I intend to get them brazed up rather that Migged. Just need to borrow a Gas Set for a few hours.

Pete

Interesting and noted...........

Best wishes,

Mike.