Coolant Over Pressurising

Henry Boler

I never said it was sorted, just changed! ;)

It's not sorted to me until it's done some long hard runs with no problems...

Today when I got to work there were some bubbles coming out of the overflow and the pipe was warm... It has now sucked water back in to the system from the overflow bottle.

Not sure if that's anything to worry about yet or not...

Also just took the radiator cap off and there was no sign of air in there. Put it back on and tried pumping all the hoses with no air sounds anywhere either, so perhaps just a genuine airlock this time. :huh:

Henry

Haha, I try my best!! What can I say!

And another (Positive) Update:

I decided to bite the bullet and drive her to London today. Got stuck in a massive 3 hour traffic jam on the M3 in the blazing sun, she got quite hot, which was mildly concerning, but as soon as I put my foot down, she cooled down immediately, which is great!

On the way home, the roads were clear, I've literally just got back and I really bullied her all the way home. She didn't even think about heating up, not even a touch. Also I met a lovely green TR6 on the A34 near Didcot, had a brief cruise together, nice to see others out and about and one not afraid to put his foot down!!, a very rare thing these days I feel!

I have one question regarding the head gasket change. What's the consensus on re-torqueing the cylinder head? I must have done 300 miles since I changed it now.

Henry

You seem to have struck lucky with the weather. I've just got back from South Wales, bucketed down every day for a week!

Spectacular view and a nice car!

Do my eyes deceive me or have you replaced the Leyland badge with an England badge? Dodgy thing to do in Wales!

I was once down there during a world cup, went into a pub, they had 31 flags pinned to the ceiling, guess which one was missing! :lol:

Yeah, the weather is absolutely lovely today! Always gotta have an old Triumph in any nice view!!

No, it is in fact the forum degrading the image quality! It's actually a union jack, so hopefully I'll be okay!!!  I never had leyland badges on the car, am I supposed to?