Differential rear mountings - all the same throughout the small-chassis range?

I've been mixing and matching differential casings for years then just got an e-mail from a supplier telling me they can supply polyurethane bushes for GT6 up to KE20000 but not after ie swing spring. This is the two rear mounts into the chassis uprights. I'm on a tight schedule to rebuild a diff and rear suspension and so am blasting and cleaning a spare diff casing, but apart from the obvious differences of thicker axles for the GT6 / other 6-cylinders, number of stud holes, and changes in front brackets am I right that the rear mounts were the same all through the range?

• Colin Lindsay changed the title to Differential rear mountings - all the same throughout the small-chassis range?

don't know any difference re bushing, but my Vitesse Mk2 from new had two nuts and bolts one for each bush mounting whereas my old Herald and daughters Mk2 Spitfire had one long bolt thro both bush's. I believe all/both bolts same dia.

I've never seen anything different other than the same two bushes in the two 'legs' on the diff casing and either one long bolt or two half bolts on any diff in our cars, so it's just idle curiosity in case there's one I've never seen. 

Anyone know the polybush kit number so I can shop around?

That's the Triumph part number, not the Superflex kit... which incidentally is 'out of stock available to order'.

There's an Indian Restaurant about 14 miles from me, you used to regularly see the staff sprinting to Tesco if a customer ordered something odd off the menu and they hadn't the ingredients. Sometimes I wonder if it's roughly the same with Triumph parts... :) 

I'll be honest, I have never had to replace an OE bush. I would not fit a modern repro rubber bush....

I fitted club shop bushes to my subaru conversion. Sadly the metal mounts I had made were not strong enough, and the front fractured, and twisted, eventually causing the rear bushes to deform. Now replaced, and 15K on are still perfect. (I had to make my own mounting plate, probably should have done in the first place)

Likewise OE spring eye bushes seem to last forever, I killed a pair of repro ones in a weekend. 

2 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

An old John Kipping catalogue I have shows two bolts Herald/Vitesse one bolt GT6/Spitfire

Yep, that's the way they are.  The Spitfire/GT6 also has an anti-crush tube between the two mounts.  I have no idea why they are different.  However, the bushes are the same for both though I think early and late look different with the early ones having the rubber extending outwards the full width of the crush tube and the later ones only having rubber the width of the outer tube with the ends of the crush tube (maybe 3 - 4mm) left exposed.

Nick

The GT6 is like that, a full tube in between the rear uprights and one long bolt. I've got the original diff casing out, I was convinced I'd fitted blue polybushes but they're just new originals. The two studs I'd used to seal the extra holes for the swing-spring conversion took two days to drill out so just in case I've sandblasted and repainted an old Herald casing. (without checking for fine differences, it needs the cleanup anyway - if it's different to the GT6 version at least it'll be clean)

I may be able to reuse the original GT6 case as the stud holes are undamaged.