Water pump overhaul

Dave the tram

Now you all have me in a quandary. Do I get the old water pump that was originally on the engine refurbed, or just stick with the replacement that I got 4 years ago, or have the old one refurbed and keep it as a spare with all the other stuff that I can never find when I need it?

3 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

all the other stuff that I can never find when I need it?

LIke this afternoon?. I know I made a Clip from spring steel which stops the Wheel cylinders "creeping" out, while you cleanup and change Rear Brake pads. I want it!!, can I find it!!. NO bloody chance!!. So 30 min bending spring steel with pliers, trying and adjusting. NOW I have two (somewhere?).

Pete

I have actually tried to be more methodical with my parts. New ones where necessary are put into a small zipper bag with a note inside, part name, date of purchase etc. Used but serviceable parts get treated in a similar way. They then get carefully put into boxes. Where the boxes are.....?????

2 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I have actually tried to be more methodical with my parts. New ones where necessary are put into a small zipper bag with a note inside, part name, date of purchase etc. Used but serviceable parts get treated in a similar way. They then get carefully put into boxes. Where the boxes are.....?????

As Chris might say; Ces La Vie?.

Pete

I'm worried about mine. When I bought the car in 2015 it came with a brand new one,boxed(County), as a spare. I assume the PO thought there was a problem with the one fitted, still waiting for it to throw a wobbly. 🤪