Cobra Cub Seats fitting problems?

Hi Guys,

Been in email contact with a company that sells Cobra Cub seats for a Triumph Spitfire. They have stopped advertising them specifically for the Spitfire due to problems with the sub-frames causing the seats to be at an incorrect height. I have emailed them back for further details and expect a reply tomorrow. Has anybody on here experience of this?

Cheers.

• 4 months later...

could be to do with the seat base sits in the floor well 

we had a spitty the previous owner had plated over the floor and raised the seats on tall spacers or you could not slide the seat

best bit was the view over the top of the screen  removed spacers just locked the seatbase to the floor 

removed the plate dumped  the spacers and all was back to normal 

no idea what the plan was 

Pete

11 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

no idea what the plan was

Did a similar thing to a Mk2 Capri (without the floor plate) in the 80`s, object of the exercise being to raise the seat height, SWMBO`, is shall we say "vertically challenged".

Pete

Hi Guys,

Their reply was as follows;

'I think there is a crossmember that gets in the way.

You would need to fabricate some sort of frame or box for the runners to fix to, in order to avoid this.

I don't actually have first-hand experience of this, but this is the feedback that we have had.

Hope this helps.'

Would still like the seats as I have lost one of my Spitfire seats and the other requires the frame welding and new foam and cover. Fundamentally need a new seat really!

Cheers,