Markyate Cell for sale

Pete Lewis

Just thinking, we could move the table over for a workbench. Knock the windows out and the wall below, cracking garage, should get a few cars in. We have a place up here for sale if that goes before we have saved enough. 12 million but 44acres of land, riverside access and king Charles the 1st hid up there at the end of the civil war.

For that sort of money I'd expect the ceiling in that last pic to be straight... :)

4 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Still trying to work out why you might want a stage in your bathroom?. Or is it a Gin Still?. Nice bit of copper, would weigh in for a few bob.

Pete

Haven't you ever seen anyone perform in the bath? 😮

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

For that sort of money I'd expect the ceiling in that last pic to be straight... :)

Haven't you ever seen anyone perform in the bath? 😮

Should we be going there?. The mind boggles!.

Nice pad! when we returned to the UK in 63 I lived in a "Hall" it was bl+++dy cold esp for us warm blooded Aussie's, I remember the oil heating bill for the first year was greater than twice the average wage, you'll need very deep pockets! but a beautiful place Pete what's the garage facilities like, heated & air conditioned I hope!

ok so where did they keep the Orse ???

oddly i went there with my Uncle from Markyate as a 14 yr old to help with some carpet laying dont remember much apart from the entry drive 

there was a large oak door that needed a bit taken off to clear the new carpet after a age of careful sawing he had cut 3/4" off the top   Oops!! 

cant remember how this was recovered but any new owner should study the door tops for a gaff.

Carl the Bulter could tell some weird and wonderful   tales that went on way back then 

Pete