The Lawn classic car at Rochford 27th June

Iain T

I've just booked in the Vitesse at above event. When I master the technology I'll post the link! 

Only £4 to exhibit car which includes driver and passenger. If anyone in the area fancies it we could have a Triumph group hug... 

Iain 

• 1 month later...

Just back, good show with a selection of vehicles. A few Heralds, Spitfires, TR's, Mayflower and a Vitesse! Not a mask in sight😁

However my picks of the show are the original Sunbeam (my pick) and two drop dead gorgeous mafia Fiat's. Both RHD, one an Arbarth the other a Vignale. Both very rare and only a handful RHD ever made. Both up for sale at £45k, don't miss it for a fiver! 

Iain 

IMG_20210627_132711.jpg

IMG_20210627_132756.jpg

IMG_20210627_133640.jpg

IMG_20210627_133816.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Excellent taste in cars! I like those lower two myself, but yes the Sunbeam would be something I'd love to work on.

The silver Arbarth had lovely stylish chrome interior fittings and burgandy trim. The 2.3 (or was it 2.6) straight six with two 45 Webers and tuned by Arbarth will certainly see off the Policia! 

The Vignale was a 1600 twin cam from A 125 but again the detail and finish was excellent. 

Both were little used then put into museums so condition was excellent. 

The Sunbeam was very tatty but a hanging offence to restore it. The guy said he changed the cone clutch and took the flywheel off only to find it was 76lbs in weight! Top speed 45 mph with a rear wind but at least the pedals were in modern configuration. 

My friend wants me to go to Pendine but I'm concerned the covid police will be in force. 

Iain