MkII Vitesse Ashtray

Peaks

I doubt many people will find this of any use as they are not a wearing part, but the ashtray set into the MkII Vitesse dash top is the same as those found on a Reliant Scimitar SE5a. I've seem plenty of Scimitar ones on ebay for less than a fiver, but not many listed under the Vitesse.  

25 minutes ago, Peaks said:

I doubt many people will find this of any use as they are not a wearing part, but the ashtray set into the MkII Vitesse dash top is the same as those found on a Reliant Scimitar SE5a. I've seem plenty of Scimitar ones on ebay for less than a fiver, but not many listed under the Vitesse.  

That's something I didn't know, handy if you do need a replacement?

I always wondered why the Vitesse Mk2 had a larger dash top Ashtray than the 13/60 Herald, is it because Vitesse owners used to Smoke Cigars and Herald owners cigarettes😁 🤣😀🤔

3 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

That's something I didn't know, handy if you do need a replacement?

I always wondered why the Vitesse Mk2 had a larger dash top Ashtray than the 13/60 Herald, is it because Vitesse owners used to Smoke Cigars and Herald owners cigarettes😁 🤣😀🤔

I always like to think so Gary!

I had to fit a replacement dash top to my Vitesse a few years ago and could only find a 13/60 one at the time. I went to a lot of trouble to enlarge the hole for the ash tray so the Vitesse one would fit. All that for somethimg 99.9% of people would not notice, and I don't smoke either, but I had to keep the Vitesse standard up! 😃

• Like 2