Bank Holiday run out

Well, took the Vit out for a 60 mile run today - first trip out in ages. Managed to avoid all the holiday traffic hot spots and a pleasant run out in the countryside. Spotted 2 x TR6, 2 x A/H Healeys, 2 x MGB's , 1 x Capri MK1, 1 x Stag and 2 x Lancia Monte Carlo's.

Wht was was even better, was that on returning home, I didn't smell faintly of petrol - for the first time in ages !

All that work refurbing the Strombergs was obviously worth it.

Gav

Took my 13/60 out, about 50 miles nowhere in particular just picked a route as I went along. Didn't see anywhere as many classics as you did, just a late 60's convertible Mustang and a WW2 Jeep (driver & passenger wearing same period uniforms)  Oh, a grass snake crossing the road in front of me, does that count? Not a bank holiday here, just Mother's day.

herts and beds will be on a follow me run from woodside carpark Hitchin  to Cotton Orchard Garden centre Cambs  on  Sunday 6th   (edit) 

starts at 11am for a 1 hour cruise , a pee and a lunch in no particular order  nothing booked  its first come  etc 

all welcome to follow on you dont have to dine there 

Pete

Took my Midge out for it's first decent run following it's 2 1/2 year total rebuild.  A few niggles but a major issue is the rear spring.  When I bought the car back in 2017, it had gained a swing spring, which I didn't want. As before, when I originally built it in 1986, I bought another used 11 leaf spring and removed 3 leaves as per original build instructions. I then put one back, as I wasn't happy with the stance.  During it's run out yesterday I experienced the rear bottoming out and on inspection, the leaves are all over the place. (I think the spring i bought was very tired..)  So I need to source another spring, which I will fit in it's unmolested condition and see how it is.

Apart from that, it was fun to take it back on the road after 10 years!

P5300173.JPG

• Like 1

We had a run out in on Bank Holiday Monday but had to curtail it due to a float chamber / jet pipe fuel leak.

Now fixed (but it’s caused me to lose a bit of confidence in the car, sadly), met up with two Lotus owning pals this morning.

I stopped on the A50 to see if I could offer any help to a Mk3 GT6 with bonnet up at the side of the road (checking a low oil pressure concern) and saw a very nice Herald driving through the centre of Lymm village.

Nice to see the old bangers out, enjoying the lovely weather.

On 31/05/2021 at 10:36, Pete Lewis said:

herts and beds will be on a follow me run from woodside carpark Hitchin  to Cotton Orchard Garden centre Cambs  on  Sunday 9th

starts at 11am for a 1 hour cruise , a pee and a lunch in no particular order  nothing booked  its first come  etc 

all welcome to follow on you dont have to dine there 

Pete

Hi Pete, do you mean Sunday 6th, or was this for last month 🤔