Triumph Sales & Service car tax disc holder

jagnut66

Hi, 

I would like to get a classic tax disc for the year my car was first sold new (as I have with my Moggies) but wondered if there was a suitable period style Triumph tax disc holder available?

Many thanks, 

Mike.

I have seen several cars sporting replica tax discs showing the expiry date as the year they were first sold. Shouldn't they be showing the disc expiry date as the year after they were first sold (or 6 months after) with a replica stamp showing the date the first disc was issued. That's the way mine has been done. Isn't Photoshop wonderful! As for the disc holder, I have a simple self adhesive ring with a magnetic holder thingy off fleabay. Not period but handy.

13 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

Gone for the classic Triumph one though. Shame there isn't any period 'Triumph Sales & Service' ones around, that is what I'd really have liked.

There are any amount of companies who will make one to your own specification. I had some window stickers made up recently, for a local Triumph Dealership that's been gone 40 years, just for the nostalgia factor in my car.

If you know of any local Dealerships that you'd want on your own disc, see what info is available and if you can find a logo or original item online they'll copy it.

476132589_Taxdisc.thumb.jpg.3d15bbd339f532d956e33614774181f1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Pimp my Vit said:

I've got one on my 13/60, with my Arthur Daley disc holder.

The car was first registered in August '68 so opted for a 4 month tax period so it sowed an expiry date still in '68. PLUS I was able to specify where the post office was that issued it. The car was first registered/sold in Shrewsbury.

Edited by Chris A
Forgot the photo

Many Triumph car dealers used to give away branded tax disc holders.

I have included images of several tax discs holders in the blog posts about Triumph Car dealers I have written: https://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/search?q=tax+disc

Some have been reproduced and come up for sale via eBay.

If you know the garage who originally sold your car you maybe able to source a period current tax disc holder.

3 hours ago, Chris A said:

The car was first registered in August '68 so opted for a 4 month tax period so it sowed an expiry date still in '68. PLUS I was able to specify where the post office was that issued it. The car was first registered/sold in Shrewsbury.

Very nice, plus a good point about where it was first sold / registered.

Mine was from Portsmouth originally, so I have informed Earlswood Vintage, in the hope they might include this detail......

We'll see.....

Best wishes,

Mike.

12 minutes ago, steveweblin said:

I have included images of several tax discs holders in the blog posts about Triumph Car dealers I have written: https://vitessesteve.blogspot.com/search?q=tax+disc

Very interesting stuff.

I am informed by the previous owner that it was 'Portsmouth Garages Ltd.' who first registered and sold her but I can see nothing about them online.

Best wishes,

Mike.