Following posts and subsequent notificatiin

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I notice Colin is only 120 posts off getting a star. Will he get the same as Pete? Or a junior star? Exciting times! :lol: 

Doug

Never noticed - although I'm still only a 5th Dan?

I'll still bow to the Grand Master, tho. Some things cannot be equalled.

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

SABOTAGED!!

Typical. Ah well, a small blue rocket is better than no rocket at all, I suppose.

I notice we are all ranked as Newbies (1/11)

I 'spose rather than counting our volume Colin's noticed our content.  RUMBLED!!

Doug

• Haha 1

Kevin says its some security update and will take some time to correct the format  ,

and I wonder if thats even possible , dont you just love these  updates that drop out the blue

be it windows or who ever ,  someone always has to re invent the wheel and make it square

so its plod on and wish Kevin a happy day 

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

dont you just love these  updates that drop out the blue

Yes, switched my computer on this afternoon to find that nice Mr Micros**t decided I needed the told about the weather by having it on the tool bar at the base of the screen, plus they wanted me to use their browser instead of my usual one. now I'll probably spend hours trying to persuade them i want neither of them . . . Progress!

1 minute ago, Badwolf said:

Message to M/S....LEAVE MY COMPUTERS ALONE. They are mine so stop interfering with them!!!

No they're not!! By agreeing to use his software you give him permission to mess them about as he likes.

I must admit to having a total dislike of cookies, and having to opt out of every website I go to to avoid 'targetted advertising' and 'statistics'. Rimmers and Bing give me the popup every single time I go near their services, they just won't take 'reject all' as an answer.

I just accept the lot these days and delete them all at the end of the day. My browser (Opera) is set to reject tracking, popups, blocks ads and also has VPN facilities but this slows down some sites. It has many limitations but it works well for me. As for you agreeing to M/S messing about with their software that is one thing but messing with your settings is tantamount to unfair terms and conditions along with sabotage. About time someone with some clout and megabucks took them to task but they never will until a viable compatible alternative hits the market other than Linux.

I'm still hopping over Microsoft ending support and registration for Office 2011; I have two copies boxed with licences but they can no longer be activated. Microsoft no longer supports them and has no interest in that version, but they won't allow already purchased copies to be activated if, for example, a software update loses the original activation. I queried it - a lot - that I have spent money on two boxed programmes that were at the time quite expensive, and they have arbitrarily refused me to activate them despite the fact that it would result in no loss of revenue to Microsoft as I'm not buying a later version. The reply was: "Sorry we can't help you, bye!"

I'm now using Libre Office instead, it's free and seems to work very well.