SELL or SWAP.... (Do you swap UP or DOWN) ?

I swapped , it turned down as the person had neglected to tell me the power stearing was leaking (subframe out job) and gearbox mount was about to go! As we met half way between where we lived and short test drives in each it was a bit late by the time i found out. I would do another swap but a very good look over the car i was getting. Have swapped a motorcycle for a car before with no problem, that time though we worked together and both knew the vehicle's. 

• Like 1

Back in 1971 I swapped a vitesse 6 cv for a Ford 105E with a 1500 pre crossflow engine but it was full rally prepared....

.....quite enjoyed the anglia,  met the wife to be because of it's flared arches and peco exhaust....

Now..... I wish I'd kept the vit :(

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Back in 1971 I swapped a vitesse 6 cv for a Ford 105E with a 1500 pre crossflow engine but it was full rally prepared....

.....quite enjoyed the anglia,  met the wife to be because of it's flared arches and peco exhaust....

Instead of the wife Jeff?

Tony.

Trust, both happy before and after are the key points.

Swapped labour for a tr7, both happy with the deal

Swapped dt175mx for a mk1 fiesta (some cash my way). Both happy

Those were with people i knew.

Swapped a Mgf vv for a rover v6 75 lpg. Got what i needed (5 seat car ) but had to sort a few suspension/ power stearing problems, so came out worse on the deal, did not know the guy and lived opposite ends of country. Different forum and surprise he left that quickly after!

Would swap again if the deal was right but definitely learned some lessons. 

5 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

The old dilemma. 

I met my wife of 30 years due to being in a bad motorcycle accident. Wish i had not had the accident but if i didn't i would never had met the wife.