GT6 MK3 rear hatch glass seal

Keith Nock

Where is the best place to buy a rear hatch glass rubber . I want the best quality one I can get .The one I fitted when I rebuilt the car cracked on one radius shortly after fitting and I have  recently bought a better condition rear sundyne rear hatch glass and want to fit it .I am a little out of touch with suppliers 

Regards Keith

11 hours ago, Keith Nock said:

I want the best quality one I can get

not always what you want is the correct profile so you can get the hatch closed and flush is more important 

many seals sold   are  a  far too fat look alike   i suggest a flipseal   not a balloon tube 

do have a look at c o  baines   excellent company with an  enormous selection of profiles 

Pete

8 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

not always what you want is the correct profile so you can get the hatch closed and flush is more important 

many seals sold   are  a  far too fat look alike   i suggest a flipseal   not a balloon tube 

It's the glass seal, not the hatch seal, Pete.

I spent ages earlier in the year trying to match their profiles with the scraps of rubber left on my hardtop but still haven't taken the plunge and ordered it. I did get some lengths off a company on fleabay which looks ok, time will tell? The fleabay stuff probably came from Baines originally,  who knows??

Yes its the Glass to hatch rubber I need . I found a good match for the original hatch to body seal a few years ago at the NEC auto jumble as I took a sample of the original seal with me as it is off set, most of the suppliers sell one which isn't I have included the photo of the body to hatch seal

Keith

IMG_1434.JPG