Taken to work

Mathew

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

Sunday morning!!??  6am!!?? What does that look like???

Well it looked like 5am only slightly more sun, slight chill as i blasted down the country roads back home.  When you work four on four off what day it is only differs from what time the shops open and close. I prefer working on a weekend and being off during the week.

I can empathise with that. Because I needed an HGV to drive my R-V. (9tonne) I did a bit of Night Trunk Driving on Agency. Used to love the "Summer" early mornings, still quiet on the roads, Sun comming up often over the fields, before the Commute loonies get under way, Back in the yard by 7am or so. and rest of the Day to my self. Some "kip" after tea, before picking the Lorry up at 11pm or so. Couple of nights a week, help put Diesel in the R-V.

Pete

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

Well it looked like 5am only slightly more sun, slight chill as i blasted down the country roads back home.  When you work four on four off what day it is only differs from what time the shops open and close. I prefer working on a weekend and being off during the week.

I decided to drive the Herald to work a few years ago, 3am finish so thought I'd drive home with the top down.

It was December 23rd... I lasted about three miles.

Shift work is brill from the point of view that you can look at the jam packed cafes and shops on Saturday, and know you're off work on Tuesday when they'll be quiet and everyone else is at work.

44 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

what is this  WORK   thing 

Pete

I'll try and explain in a way you might understand, Pete:

You like repairing/ restoring you old car. That is a hobby or pass time maybe even passion. Now, if you were paid for doing that it is work.

Scrub that! If you were paid for it on your cars it would be paradise!

I love driving over night. Minimum traffic, in the summer windows open or top down.

Now work, that's something else. The only difference between then and now is that I don't get paid for it. However, I do get paid for enjoying the rest of my life of leisure..when I get the time.

East Berks meet tomorrow evening. Despite 30 being allowed to meet outside I've had to book 2 tables. One at 6pm for the pensioners who have to have there tea early and one at 8pm for the workers who can't get there for 6pm. 

Work! The curse of the drinking classes. 

Doug