Spitfire Mk3 (or one that will fit) dash top crash panel

mbs2013

Hi

I'm looking for a Spitfire Mk3 dash top panel. My car is missing it completely so I am looking for one with the metal insert for attachment to the car rather than the plastic overlays that are available.  I’m not too worried about the condition of the vinyl or foam bit as I intend recovering it to match the car anyway.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nigel. Tried both but no joy.

I've found a Spitfire Mk4 one on a certain auction website - does anyone know if the inner metal bit will fit the Mk3 if I was to strip it and add a Mk3 cover? The ash tray and vent covers appear to be the same so it would be a case of the basic shape and mounting holes needing to be the same.

15 hours ago, mbs2013 said:

Thanks Nigel. Tried both but no joy.

I've found a Spitfire Mk4 one on a certain auction website - does anyone know if the inner metal bit will fit the Mk3 if I was to strip it and add a Mk3 cover? The ash tray and vent covers appear to be the same so it would be a case of the basic shape and mounting holes needing to be the same.

I think the Spit Mk4 crash pad is different. Certainly the crash pad on my GT6 Mk3 is different from Spit Mk3.

Nigel

• Thanks 1