Forum Bug!

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Browse - OK

Forum - OK

FLUID - Not a chance. Can't find it anywhere on my tablet but not tried the PC yet. Not a problem as I have a permanent search set up in the browser, but interesting that there appears to be variations between devices.

Same here. Except I've finished my post lunch fluid and my next one is at 4pm 

Hey I'm making progress, Pete. I can follow your description of the page layout and screen shot. I have found the 'Start ne topic' box BUT there is nothing to the left of it, all I have is 'Reply to this topic' to the right.

Back to fluids, my tea is getting cold - told you my next one was at 4pm!

where Kevin when you need him  ha !

and at 3 windows dropped a update no warning its taken ti 3.24 to whirr round and round dont turn off   it turn it off restarting  , cleaning more round and round 

25minutes of wasted life and for what  ...its  all just as bad as before it started    maybe i need a window cleaner 

Grrr  ? 

Pete

29 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

well i havnt got a  blue rocket   i despair 

You're a Grand Master! Did you have to wear a apron??

Had a weird programming jargon message when logging in on MacBook(the Devils machine). I'm sure Kevin is 'on it' patience is a virtue!

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

"Wives and Sweethearts"! (may they never meet

In an RN Wardroom there is a toast for each day of the week, and it is (Saturday night) "Sweethearts and wives, may they never meet"; incorrect in Master and Commander.  For those so inclined the others: "Our ships"; "Our Men"; "Ourselves"; "A willing foe and sea room"; "A bloody war and a sickly season" (both good for promotion); "S & W"; "Absent friends".  Woe betide the Midshipman who gets it wrong!

Dick

• Like 1

John, 

On the first point correct, although too much of a expletive comes at the cost of (another) round of port!  The others do not.  Of even more passing/remote interest is in the Russian Navy the third toast (after "Heads of State of those here present" and "Our Guests") is, after a sombre emotional preamble (fisherman, dangers of the sea etc) "For those at sea".  It is compulsory on that one to drain the vodka glass!  I was fortunate to have many dealings with the Russian Navy, professional and social, over several years and cracking chaps they were; forget the politicians.  Highlights probably CO of the guardship of HMY for the State Visit to St Petersburg and then representing the RN at Trafalgar 200 events in St Pete and Moscow in 2005.

What was this thread again!!

Dick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Twitchen said:

What was this thread again!!

Dick, I see you've been demoted from Commodore to rocketeer. 

At school I had plans to be a RN Navigation Officer but the car business beckoned. It worked out fine for me but I still wonder what if? 

Iain 

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

wow  its gone again   its back to all inboxes and first post script 

Im sure Kevins having a play 

Pete

I think it's because we haven't contributed to his holiday fund 😁

I'm sure he is busy selecting the correct sized hammer to hit the computer with.

Good luck Kevin!

On a lighter note. I assume all are aware of the "origin" of the "bug"?

Allegedly to do with a Failure on "Collosus"?. The huge machine built at Bletchly to crunch numbers. It fused and the cause was traced to a large MOTH or similar on an electrical circuit, Ergo?  "BUG".

Queue, Michael Cain "not a lot etc;".🤣

Pete