Forum Bug!

Even Thomas Edison used the word. Here's an extract of a letter he wrote in 1878 to Theodore Puskas, as cited in The Yale Book of Quotations (2006):

'Bugs' -- as such little faults and difficulties are called -- show themselves and months of intense watching, study and labor are requisite before commercial success or failure is certainly reached.

14 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

wow  its gone again   its back to all inboxes and first post script 

Im sure Kevins having a play 

Pete

Mine isn't changing, apart from the gold band on the sleeve thingie (sorry Kevin, I preferred your original layout). What am I doing wrong? I'm obviously missing out on something here!!

6 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

All of this general knowledge on a classic car forum. I just love it. Chuck in the wit and friendship.....you just can't beat it.

Classic car forum? Must have missed that bit :rolleyes: but you are right on the rest

8 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Mine isn't changing,

Mine neither. I spoke to Pete yesterday, we're both on Windows 10, both upgraded recently. But he's got this alternate front end and I haven't. Weird. The only difference is he's Grand Master and the rest of us are blue rockets. 

Doug

1 minute ago, dougbgt6 said:

The only difference is he's Grand Master and the rest of us are blue rockets. 

Doug

You've got several gold bands now, or at least you had when i read your comment

Pour Kevin he must be pulling his hair out. I've never met him, does he have hair?

thats the update you now have to click on it to find what it is  

marks yellow  gets    advanced member

Doug  with 5 bars gets 11/13  5th Dan 

its  all gone a bit rubbish

the plot is Lost !!  think Kevins tore all his hair out now 

what a pain it was seemingly all ticking along nicely but i guess the update was due to some background  security  occurrences we dont get to see 

Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i did a few trips around the Belfast and a few subs on Portland open days Incl  The Shefield

(pre faulkands )

Been on a nuclear sub, well the one in the museum at Cherbourg. As for the Sheffield my only connection was post Faulklands, I worked for Racal Defence Electronics at the time and our radar gear was aboard so there were inquiries as to, oops! official secrets act being waived . . 😱

Whilst the rockets have finally blasted off, I still cannot access the latest courier No492 even after logging in and getting  acknowledgement, clicking on No492 just sends me back to the log in menu repeatedly ie "ground hog day"  over and over,

There are 13 ranks to progress through, with the 13th rank being “Grand Master”.

The update got rid of the dots to designate rank and replaced it with a small image file, and by default they were all set to the Blue rocket.  

to get something more meaningful up quickly, I’ve used the rank badges from Karate, starting with a white belt, going up to a black belt.  The Dan grades then get a yellow band added to the black square.  The last 2 grades have shooting star logos. Pete being the only person to achieve the top grade.  Colin will hit the 2nd from top in the next few days.

I’m still working through the list correcting points scores as the new ranks are based on a combination of reputation and postings made, but they ignored the previous posting count when the upgrade was applied, so each person has to be manually corrected.  Posting totals up to the 700’s have been corrected, those below 700 will have to wait a few days.

don’t know what Pete’s problem is, it’s not something I’m changing, it could be his browser.  In particular, the Forum no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer, but this is not new with the latest update.