Forum Bug!

Back to the subject. I have just received notification that there is an update awaiting for my tablet. So here we go, I may be away for some time...but is that a bad thing some of you will say.

Edit:   The android 10 update appears to have worked, I'm back, so sorry. Hopefully fixed some of the bugs, but I somehow doubt it.

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

So here we go, I may be away for some time...but is that a bad thing some of you will say.

I hadn't noticed you were away. Next time can you give me 24 hours warning so I can make the most of ? 😁

• Haha 1

Kevin - Not really a bug, more of a formatting enquiry. 

On the main post listing page, is it possible to include the latest posting details (ie  Badwolf replied to Bfg's topic in Lounge Bar) on the same line as the title of the thread, and would it be use to anyone else? The reason that I ask is that so many times when I try to click on the thread title (on my tablet), I miss and end up on the profile of either the thread author or the person making the last post.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone still having problems posting? I tried all day yesterday and most of last week but just got the 'saving' message and didn't move on. This still happens quite regularly which is why I've been eerily quiet (probably not a bad thing). 

Iain 

Update.....it worked today! 

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this one, as I am catching up.

I have noticed that when using my tablet, when I click on 'submit reply' the software does not upload immediately, it display as sort of preview which can be edited further. Pressing 'submit reply' again then uploads it. I have not noticed this 'feature' on my PC.

I found posting very hit and miss, a real pain as I never knew if the rubbish I was writing was going to get past the 'saving' message and onto the Forum. Kevin suggested clearing out my cache. Its much better now or it could be just a coincidence! I just poke the screen I don't want to know how it works. 

Iain 

• 11 months later...

Have we had a recent update for the forum. I am noticing that some photos are no longer showing. I suspect that they might have been cut and pasted rather than being uploaded to the forum. Has anyone else noticed anything or is it just my system?

2 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Have we had a recent update for the forum. I am noticing that some photos are no longer showing. I suspect that they might have been cut and pasted rather than being uploaded to the forum. Has anyone else noticed anything or is it just my system?

Yes, am getting a number of small blue boxes with a question mark rather than a photograph on some posts.