Temp sender compatibility

cliff.b

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Mine does the same, and stays there for what seems like a lot of distance, by the time the tank is getting to the low mark it is more or less correct. I do keep saying I must check it out but never do because it does warn me in time that I need petrol.

I presume it's the sender/float in the fuel tank but as I've just brimmed it I can't investigate.

1 hour ago, cliff.b said:

I presume it's the sender/float in the fuel tank but as I've just brimmed it I can't investigate.

I tend towards the theory of the float blocking somehow and not rising to maximum. I have fished about a bit but without any effect so will live with it unless I run out other bits to fiddle with🤔

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I tend towards the theory of the float blocking somehow and not rising to maximum. I have fished about a bit but without any effect so will live with it unless I run out other bits to fiddle with🤔

That's never going to happen, is it lol

My Sprint ran out of fuel but was still indicating half full thought it was ultra efficient the float some how got stuck not a drop in the tank Iwas doing 110kph on a freeway no indication of a problem it instantantly ran out.

easy to check as float goes thro the top of tank why it stuck I never determined just replaced float and double checked it was free when refitted.