Master Cylinder: Replace or Renew?

avivalasvegas

Greetings, 

I have a Girling Brake Master cylinder currently equipped on my MK2 GT6. The bulkhead area underneath the master cylinders has corroded due to a Clutch cylinder leak (now replaced with a NOS Girling). Now would be the opportune time to either rebuild or replace the Master Cylinder. I have a few questions for the more experienced:

1) Rebuild with new seal kit or replace?

2) If replace, should I purchase another Girling or a TRW MC? 

3) If TRW, anyone know where those are manufactured? (No Chinese parts on my vehicles).

Many thanks! 

The master cylinder failed suddenly on my GT6 on Monday morning, 2 hours before MoT test booking! I last replaced it nearly 20 years and 30k miles ago.

I'm fitting a new cylinder over the weekend. In my experience, new seals in old cylinders don't last long. And after so many years, I reckon the car deserves a new master cylinder.

Nigel

37 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Pete, are you really a rougue Time Lord

How do you think he knows all this stuff? He goes back to the factory and has a look.  :ph34r:

My favourite Dr Who Master was Missy, played by Michelle Gomez. Looks a bit like Pete :o

Doug

I have the full set of the radio 'lost in space'. Never come across any recordings of 'Dan Dare'. Archive search coming up. As for rougue time lords, got to be the original Roger Delgado. The true Master. Is Pete's TARDIS the 2000 or a modified/chameleon circuited Commer?

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

...but we had  Dan Dare and Lost in Space on the radio

Right. I have found a 2017 radio remake of Dare Dare done by the same company (B7) who remade Blake's 7 for the radio.

Based on the original comic strips features in theEagle. 8 hours of nostalgia and it's in full stereo. Pete, thank you ssooo much, I never thought to look.