I didn't know Triumph made one of these?......

jagnut66

I wonder was it used in the piants business as the sign says 'piants for sale'...?

Here's another one spotted at Donington in 2014. The fuel can just visible on the passenger side is actually the fuel tank. There are two or three others, we have one locally that has never been finished due to ill health on the part of the owner.

DSCF2458.jpg.98b5f56a8f486e5400e07489dc57b92a.jpg  DSCF2455.jpg.b6fb4d3ae6b3db76d581ad241bdb9f5a.jpg

22 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Here's another one spotted at Donington in 2014.

Not sure about the reutilisation of the original rear windscreen on that one though......

I would have thought at that angle the driver and passenger would be at risk of regularly bumping their heads on it whenever they sat back in their seats.

Mark Twain officially died in 1910, so he must be ghost writing under an assumed name these days...................

Best wishes,

Mike.

29 minutes ago, jagnut66 said:

Not sure about the reutilisation of the original rear windscreen on that one though......

I would have thought at that angle the driver and passenger would be at risk of regularly bumping their heads on it whenever they sat back in their seats.

Same as in the Herald coupe, although there the rear screen is further back. Maybe they should have gone for a Ford Anglia roof? :)

No Herald Ute's made in Australia by AMI but Leyland Aus did make a land crab Morris 1800 ute, quite a decent load area, and very collectable nowadays I believe quite a few have been exported to the UK by collectors.

No cars made in Aus anymore last Holden built was around 2 years ago, and the last model Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon Utes were big V8 beasts with lowered suspension, probably useless as trade vehicles, a club member had one of the last style Falcon ute's 5litre something with a turbo went like stink reckon it could shred a set of tyres in one good burn out. He sold it for more than he paid for it, there was one recently for sale that had been brought as an investment they wanted over $120k for it. Same member (around 45yrs old) has had his 2000 saloon since he was 16 it has a 2500 engine blue printer with triple Su's (Aus MD style) and it produces 180bhp at the wheels, it runs Corvette brakes, does eat clutch's tho! 

There have been plenty of big saloon Triumphs converted to Utes here in NZ.

This is one I saw over many years in a paddock south of Hastings in Hawkes Bay.
It is long gone.

1c9cb1e1bcd5.jpg

No idea where this one is but it looks like it has rear chassis added to it. I wonder if it is sitting on a TR6 chassis😉

6301cc5cef9b.jpg

Edited by ahebron
photos