Old advertising

cliff.b

1 minute ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That magazine used to have trips around the local area in both a Standard and a Herald, and the competition was to guess where the car was. 

Really, I will have to read through these now and see if I can find that lol

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Compared to my A-H Mk1 Sprite (sliding windows, no windscreen washer and access to the boot space by grovelling over the seats) it certainly was!

Dick

Well yes, the Spitfire was specifically positioned as a competitor to the Sprite/Midget I suppose so it just had to be perceived as better than them ☺️

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

The Vitesse handbook boasts Air Conditioning , referring to the quarter lights — Trade descriptions 😱

Paul 

So does the Herald 113/60 one. It also refers to the positions to set the air flow - up or down - hot or cold air. Such sophistication 😁

Then there is also the driver's seat - forward & backward, height and back rest angle. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a total of 27 different settings. . . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris A said:

So does the Herald 113/60 one. It also refers to the positions to set the air flow - up or down - hot or cold air. Such sophistication 😁

Then there is also the driver's seat - forward & backward, height and back rest angle. I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a total of 27 different settings. . . 

72 settings, the rubber block on the seat base has 4 positions, 2 holes at the front mountings then presumably 12 slot positions forward and back on the seat rails😉

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

72 settings, the rubber block on the seat base has 4 positions, 2 holes at the front mountings then presumably 12 slot positions forward and back on the seat rails😉

Well I got the numbers right, just not in the right order 🙃 Really hi-tech then

• Like 1