Parts again.

68vitesse

Just had my radiator filer cap fall apart, no problem I thought I have a new one, so tried to fit it and despite all the markings being the same, including made in england, the lugs are to long. Can not remember where bought so just shortened the lugs, next problem what is the extra lid gasket for as used on old cap, if new one used on new cap it will only turn about halfway.

Next decision's easy, lock garage sit down pour beer.

Regards

A bit fed up Paul

1 minute ago, 68vitesse said:

Next decision's easy, lock garage sit down pour beer.

Regards

A bit fed up Paul

Beer always helps, and unlike the car you don't need to put the cap on again.

I struggled for far too long with a badly made cap on the GT6, it literally had to be hammered on and off, so last year I changed it for a Fah-ler cap which fitted very easily and may be the reason that my temperature gauge suddenly started to show 1/3 hot instead of 1/2.

• 2 weeks later...

EBought the wiper motor fixings, approx a year eighteen months ago. Car has been in a good workshop since.

Checked today to see connections for another wiper motor and the ruppert mounts are cracked ie aged before time.

The issue I have is this is easy to rectify but when you read of items such as engine mounts and steering gaiters perishing (I can rember reading of someone fitting gaiters, the car did not leave his garage and in very short time they had perished it does not give one confidence on a purchase of these items.