2L fuel pump.

68vitesse

5 minutes ago, johny said:

yes early ones a glass bowl type isnt it while mines a fully enclosed jobbie and I like it☺️

No, all Vitesses had glass bowl, interchangeably with tin-top on Mk3 GT6, possibly others. The early vs. late difference that matters is the 1600/2L up to HC4500 engine vs. later Mk1 and Mk2 blocks. The pump moved, so the operating arm is a different shape. My Vitesse used to be an early engine and is now a later type. The fuel pump was only one of many things that aren't compatible between the two.

• Thanks 1

Been looking at going down the electric fuel pump route using a Huco 133010, car Mk1 2L Vitesse carbs and engine standard, with an inertia cut out, any feed back on quality of current repro mechanical ones appreciated.

Feel sure I have correct pump somewhere but it is doing an excellent job of hiding.

Regards

Paul

2 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Been looking at going down the electric fuel pump route using a Huco 133010, car Mk1 2L Vitesse carbs and engine standard, with an inertia cut out, any feed back on quality of current repro mechanical ones appreciated.

Feel sure I have correct pump somewhere but it is doing an excellent job of hiding.

Regards

Paul

He’s my repro , which didn’t work effectively so removed and went Huco

073A1FBA-6D0F-456C-9065-E46EBA85E5B2.thumb.jpeg.bf5844f317853e8f042032db45880dfb.jpeg

Paul

11 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Found the pump on the left this morning, it doesn't work, which I believe is the one for the 1600 and early 2L, the one on the right is definitely the later one.

Can anyone please confirm or deny this.

Many thanks

Regards

Paul.

IMG_20210618_125839.jpg

I agree, Left one earlier Vitesse models Vitesse 6 & 2 Litre Mk1, right one MK2 Vitesse

Regards

56 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Assuming all else is the same, and it looks to be, just knock out the roll pin and swap the levers over.

Detail differences i.e diaphragm the same but different diaphragm spring, reason pump not working diaphragm has set like rock also oil seal badly worn and not available, might do a mix and match as suggested.

Regards

Paul

I've bought two or three NOS versions online that are unidentified by the seller, so very cheap, and just swapped the parts over to my GT6 pump. Many of the Delco pumps are identical bar the lever, so you can swap glass, seals and filters, and if it's only the diaphragm they can be bought separately.

On going with the fuel pumps the arm with damage is a riveted laminate of three with the tip of one displaced, broken at rivet hole, wondering about a weld repair. Found another pump with a cast arm which looks the same but slightly longer and witness mark in slightly different place, inlet and outlet push on and completely wrong orientation for a Vitesse, inlet on left.

Ony idea on suitability of the arm or which model the pump was fitted to.

Regards

Paul.

IMG_20210623_092549.jpg

IMG_20210623_092516.jpg

34 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

The lever code number is 4474, nothing comes up for that during searches. Is there a code number on the pump body?

Can not see any numbers on the pumps, might need a good clean.

I have two, now damaged, laminated arms one stamped as you say 4744, the other a bit indistinct 152474 both from later 2L pumps, the cast arm which looks the same marked 1524317 from an unknown pump.

Google search, no relevant results.

Chris Witor's website only shows laminated arm for late Mk1 and Mk2 glass topped pumps.

Regards

Paul.

we need a  genuine  AC Delco parts list cant call at the factory in Dunstable as its now low cost housing 

and their sports ground  is a  Tesco 

in fact all large manufacturers had sports grounds all lost with no recognition of thier value when we did things Right 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

we need a  genuine  AC Delco parts list cant call at the factory in Dunstable as its now low cost housing 

I've been searching. I found a pre-war version and a pre-1960 version but nothing Triumph-related so far, and even the ones I did find were all American-related. I'll keep looking.

way back i could go and knock on the door but it closes the same year i got my Vitesse 2003  i wonder if a seach as Trico would find anything >>

Industry gives way to housing

AC-Delco’s vast factory was a major employer in Dunstable from 1934 until its closure (as Trico Products) in 2003.

16 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Can not see any numbers on the pumps, might need a good clean.

Number will be on the underside:

delco.jpg.1d19c64d7abc4600757e0d15a5623ec1.jpg

Not much use at present without a reference catalogue... but one will turn up.

There are plenty of unidentified Delcos online, some from about £4.95 so identifying their application would be a little goldmine...

Unknown pump base stamped E10 39 top just marked made in England.

Late Mk1 pumps, one marked 8B216 the other numbers not readable as feint and partly removed when base was drilled and tapped so done before final machining, both tops marked type U.

Removed the most worn oil seal, the retaining cup is reusable and the seal just two disc's of what appear to be pump diaphragm material with a centre hole punched in them.

Regards

Paul