strange parts on eBay

These Michelotti bonnet catch's are on ebay, one appears to have bracket rivetted to it for the aftermarket lock, but the way the bolts are welded to the catch it looks like the catch mounting is all on the inside of the wing as the bolts are welded to the catch and there is no ability to bolt through the wing, anyone seen these before and what car they were fitted to, of interest only!

The second set of photos show a Stanpart Triumph small chassis remote gear linkage, which was by it's description fitted to a Lotus Elan, look at the lightening holes not only along the sides but also in the gear lever ball housing, do you reckon it was a Lotus modification or an owners attempt to reduce car weight. Oh, the ebay price for this Lotus remote is 180 quid,

I know I mis-spelt Michelotti on the photo's, shit happens!!

Micholetti Bonnet Catch's.jpg

Micholetti Catch.jpg

Lotus1.jpg

Elan (Stanpart) Gear Remote 180 quid.jpg

3 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Micholetti Catch.jpg

If you look at the 'step' to the left of that catch there's no way it would fit a Triumph bonnet. For some reason I'm thinking 'fibreglass' so it's from a car that uses the Triumph catches but not the same shape of bonnet; it looks like the bonnet would flare out just behind the catch? Kit car / early TVR or the like?

That gearbox mod must have saved all of half an ounce in weight... strange. The adaptor on the gearbox end is interesting! The engine / gearbox must be severely angled to require that.

Our poor gearboxes come in for some strange abuse... I've found the two extremes of long and short in my time.

914623262_shortgearbox.jpg.ea7c0efce6b98e829bf8f4e4ed096b8a.jpg  s-l1600-156.jpg.ea62c8ebe398109c0b3c8bee212ce06a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...