to restrict subject matter in a category

I have had  too many ask how to block posts they find uninteresting

note i dont run this i just replied  and pressed buttons over the years 

there probably is a better way but if you untick the subject category on the right of the screen then post in that area/zone 

wont show when you browse latest posts etc  

image.thumb.png.da82c078119ddff57e620a36030c728b.png

I have from time to time logged in and inadvertently ticked one of the forum sections, engine for example. I log out and later log in again and think "Hmm, not much going on today and what there is is all engines" Despite logging out when I log in again the system remembers which section it thinks I want to look at.  One time it took me 3 days to realise my mistake. :wub:

Today I've tried clicking all the boxes except those I'm not interested in, it works!  However it only works if I remain logged in. If I select one box and log out, it gets remembered, more than one and they get cleared. Is there a way to override this and make multiple ticked boxes permanent or am I just going to remain logged on all the time?

Doug

tssc1.thumb.PNG.58908e3572d34ce763fff3a32e6c1a9a.PNG

After doing a little research I am not sure that I have been blocked. It is possible that the thread has been deleted again, probably due to all the positive reactions to my comments about the ****tics taking over the asylum. My research continues. This is very very interesting, I love a mystery.

i posted on marks     a little quieter and less in you face would be appreciated 

fun and games can have a place just not everywhere   51 is a good idea but he escaped and here it is again appeared 

non of us on here have answered so many of our own posts it is unusual 

there been a lot of treading on eggshells  but some eggs should survive 

Pete