Classic’s for brassic’’s

Mark Seniac

I believe the same "lady" actually got a ticket from the Somerset constabulary for speeding on the M5?. Her go-to car of the 60`s 70`s where Scimitars (GT) she allegedly had several.

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

I believe the same "lady" actually got a ticket from the Somerset constabulary for speeding on the M5?. Her go-to car of the 60`s 70`s where Scimitars (GT) she allegedly had several.

Pete

How did you guess who I was talking about 😁

7 hours ago, cliff.b said:

How did you guess who I was talking about 😁

She used to go quite frequently to Bank`s Stables at Walkington Near Beverley, An Agricultural Contractor friend was collecting "manure" for the purpose of spreading, as you do, As he went to drive his tractor out of the yard, herself drove in driving one of the biggest HGV Horse Boxes He`d ever seen to that point. Aparently she had an HGV licence too and regularly drove this leviathon.

Pete

38 minutes ago, PeteH said:

She used to go quite frequently to Bank`s Stables at Walkington Near Beverley, An Agricultural Contractor friend was collecting "manure" for the purpose of spreading, as you do, As he went to drive his tractor out of the yard, herself drove in driving one of the biggest HGV Horse Boxes He`d ever seen to that point. Aparently she had an HGV licence too and regularly drove this leviathon.

Pete

Hopefully a bit slower than the Bentley lol

• 1 month later...

Had a Mk4 Golf, non-turbo diesel. Would go to the moon & back on a tank of fuel, but 0-60 was 17 seconds. You had to write a letter to the engine when you wanted to accelerate, wait for it to arrive, get read, your request considered and then it might reward you with a very gentle increase in speed. At the end of a journey I would stop at the side of the road just to admire some ditch water. And everyone would say "ooh, you've got a Golf, what a lovely car". How wrong can you be?

I loved that engine in my Fabia! With no turbo the low down torque was great and you almost didnt need a gearbox😁

The water pump seized and stripped the cambelt but of course no bent valves or cam bearing breakage, just a new pump and belt by the roadside and away she went.

Then later the clutch failed and with such a basic lump there was no dual mass flywheel to agonise about changing or converting at 600quid so a straight forward clutch assembly and it was good for another 100k+.

Must admit though nobody stopped to say 'what a lovely car youve got' but how wrong they were😍....