Rear spring lowering block

13 hours ago, johny said:

yes come in 0.5, 0.75 and 1 inch thicknesses (= pretty much the change in ride height) with the last and possibly the middle one needing longer studs to still correctly clamp the spring...

And the last one needing you to live in a flat area of Norfolk, unless you enjoy the sound of your car bottoming out every time you hit a bump (in a Spitfire at least).

A 0.5" should fit fine, and under an unmodified cover with standard studs and nuts.
A 0.75" will need longer studs but if you trim them flush with the top of the nylocks once fitted will also fit under an unmodified cover - you'll just need a pair of 3/8UNF half nutsto be able to remove the studs next time around.
A 1" will need longer studs and some 'customization'/replacement of the cover.

I found the 1" too much, due to grounding and now happily run a 0.75" - but with hindsight would probably have been just as happy had I just gone for the 0.5".

• Thanks 2

On 28/06/2021 at 10:11, Mjit said:

And the last one needing you to live in a flat area of Norfolk, unless you enjoy the sound of your car bottoming out every time you hit a bump (in a Spitfire at least).

A 0.5" should fit fine, and under an unmodified cover with standard studs and nuts.
A 0.75" will need longer studs but if you trim them flush with the top of the nylocks once fitted will also fit under an unmodified cover - you'll just need a pair of 3/8UNF half nutsto be able to remove the studs next time around.
A 1" will need longer studs and some 'customization'/replacement of the cover.

I found the 1" too much, due to grounding and now happily run a 0.75" - but with hindsight would probably have been just as happy had I just gone for the 0.5".

Hello, have you any pics of your car with it lowered less than an inch please? I was thinking 1 inch but.....

On 04/07/2021 at 16:51, Brooky said:

Hello, have you any pics of your car with it lowered less than an inch please? I was thinking 1 inch but.....

Sorry for slow reply - time flies...

No pics handy but just had a quick measure and with a 3/4" lowering block the bottom edge of the rear wheel arch in line with the axle on my car sits 595mm from the floor.