Wiper motor

Pdv

I am refurbishing two wiper motors.

Where do the brown wires go.

One has a brown wire from the winding and is original the other does not and must be assumed as missing.

Where does this go, as it must be attached internally, there is also a brown wire that  comes from the outside attached to the part of the motor that stops the motor at rest.

Help please

ps, I have the service manual and understand the external wiring.

Thanks

Steve

https://classicrecons.wordpress.com/wiper-motor-info/

One of your motors may be single speed and the other twin-speed; the brown may be a resistor that slows the motor before the red wire permits full speed ie fast setting.

This link might help; if not the site owner is a great guy called Anthony Roach who rebuilt two Gt6 Mk1 motors for me after I had tried... so he'll be happy to advise by e-mail if no-one here has the solution.

Thanks Colin.

The first photograph looks to be the type I have but with the wire coming out of the centre, that is attached to a brass sprung piece which then makes contact with a thin brass plate with a cut out piece where no contact is made.

I assume that this is the stop for the wipers to come to rest, maybe the two wires are one for continuous wiper and the other when you stop the motor power continues until it reaches the cut out peice ie the stop.

Both photographs show what could be where the wire enters the motor housing I will look in the morning. 

Steve