Location of Members Map?

Jeffds1360

Is there a facility on here to see each of the members 'general' location. (With their permission of course). I mean just within a few miles and/or the individual areas boundaries and their meeting locations?

If not, is it not worth introducing such an idea?

It may help with transferring parts etc. A TSSC delivery system perhaps.

Maybe I should put this in site suggestions..... or has it been discussed and rejected?

Could be done. I've been on other sites, I think music-related, where there was a world map along the lines of Google Earth for you to voluntarily put your home location on. A members-only or forum-password protected map would show where everyone was, if anyone required it.

Yes, thanks Colin. The GT4OC had one and it was very useful for contacts and meets and also for passing parts along. :)

I'll maybe stick the idea in site suggestions later. After I recover from the shock result against Germany.  Was it 1945 the last time?

The TSSC used to have a touring help booklet, of members willing to help others who might be brokendown and a long way from home, with full details of address, phone number and garage facilities!    I fear the Data Protection Act stopped that!

John

It was always my house/local for me when I had the GT4s :(

Mind, I arranged meets up Hadrians Wall, at the Angel of the North, down in Durham and many places along the coast near hear, got between 12 and 30 cars on the day (early naughties)