Rear innerwing

Pdv

The car is a 13/60 and years ago some kind person backed into the rear, fortunately they had a tow bar so the damage was to the rear valence and the spare wheel well.

Did they leave a note with their details, no.

As the mot was due I took it off the road to repair, loads of work was carried out, one thing led to another and I am now at it again.

At the time it came off the road I purchased a lower rear wing and and the rear inner wing, got the wing from the workshop rafters only to find that in no way was it anything resembling a fit, too large and the curved lip did not come anywhere near matching the rear wing

These were bought from Rimmers and both still have rthe correct part numbers and the wing I then had to purchase has the same part number.

I spoke to the guy at Rimmers when ordering the new wing who basically did no have an answer.

So I now have a part that I do not have clue what it might fit.

By the way both inner and outer are now fitted with lots of fettling to the inner and ready good fit and no fettling required to the outer.

Steve

IMG_20210513_184052.thumb.jpg.7396519cbbe65c0ece9bd32d18279c82.jpgThere is a carpenters saying, check twice cut once. For me it should be check twice post once. The title should have read outer.

I can't even blame alcohol.  

New outer wing in place.

Thanks and I will try herder in future.

Steve

1 hour ago, Pdv said:

IMG_20210513_184052.thumb.jpg.7396519cbbe65c0ece9bd32d18279c82.jpgThere is a carpenters saying, check twice cut once. For me it should be check twice post once. The title should have read outer.

I can't even blame alcohol.  

New outer wing in place.

Thanks and I will try herder in future.

Steve

Lol no worries, we got there in the end. Looks like a fairly intensive restoration?

Hi Colin,

Yes you could say that, the rear wing was full of filler, after removing it I tried heat shrinking but to no avail, so it had to go. A picture  of the new wing, the edge you can see is plug welded but the bottom flanges and the end of the wing are all spot welded.

Also is a picture of the finished bulkhead, this was from a saloon purchased from someone you will know, an ex TSSC register secretary, Mr Bill Davies.  

SteveIMG_20210522_121428.thumb.jpg.c65edaa04391f5b6063f4ac5413cebdc.jpgIMG_20210404_103628.thumb.jpg.6f811b3119b9d7645b2878ecf1b49461.jpg