New Member with Vitesse Mk1 in Suffolk

HI, technically I am not new as I joined a couple of years ago. I have asked lots of questions and received lots of advice from others. I thought it was about time to introduce myself. I live in Sudbury, Suffolk. This is my second Vitesse, I had a 1600 before this Mk1 and a Herald 12/50 before that. I have had my Vitesse since June last year, I have made some minor improvements and alterations and it has recently been MOT'd. IT is great to drive. 

STP84496.JPG

STP84497.JPG

STP84498.JPG

STP84499.JPG

STP84502.JPG

STP84503.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, Bobtaylor said:

Hi Paul, I did visit you last year when I was driving my pale blue 1600, to ask about seat replacement, at least I think it was you !!!!

Yes Bob it was me , all at a safe distance then 

Paul

That a great looking Vitesse Bob.. i love the colour scheme. 

TSSC club meeting at the Sorrel Horse, Barham, Old Norwich road near Ipswich, IP6 0PG tonight.  The weather forecast says it should brighten up to be a nice evening.  Be good to see you all there. 

Pete.

The colour of my car is cactus green. It was originally blue but was changed sometime ago and there is no sign of blue anywhere.

I believe the cactus green was a triumph colour but I guess it is not too common. I love it and it certainly draws lots of comments.

Nice but thats much too green to be Cactus  it was the brochure launch colour on the front page 

as cactus and black , ( 15/11)  i new of only one other than mine  we had a pair at duxford one year

its green but its far too green to be Triumph Cactus  which is quite pale

may be a paint factors idea of some other  Cactus  .. Not Triumphs 

Pete

DSC_0025.jpg

I was told by the seller it was cactus green. Never having seen a cactus green before I knew no different.

I have just found a touch up pot that came with the car. It is from a company called Master Chroma and is code  CG6390 Green.

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

that was when   TV adverts actually advertised the product   

DO NOT! I mean: DO NOT go to Youtube and search for 1970s TV adverts, or any other decade. You'll find yourself singing the songs, remembering all the tunes, and come back to reality about four hours later with the evening meal burnt black in the pan. I watched the 'Shield' soap ad from the early 1970s and remembered all the words to the song...

• Haha 2

Very pertinent Colin! Look at the late 1950's 'Esso Blee Doola' (Esso Blue Dealer) and the Pink paraffin adverts.

'The Esso sign means appy motorin, call at the Esso sign'. Sun to a Jazz version of Bobby Shaftoe.

The Pink one went:-

I've got a cold 'ouse

Why don;t you heat it

My heater's empty, I think

Why don't you fill it then?

I'm out of parafin

Ring this number, ring for Pink.

Schoolboy version was:-

I've got a cold arse

Why don't you eat it?

I'm not hungry.

Memory failure now.

• Haha 1

"What are you doing in mid-air, fox?" Loved that one. Plus the exploding tyre one. "We use the guard!"

Remember the Traffic Information films?

"On roads and lanes how oft is heard

The honking of the weaver bird.

The weaver bird has little brain

He weaves about from lane to lane..."

Now I'll have to go look for it. :(

I must admit when I started this thread I did not anticipate it going in this direction!

on a more serious note I am considering selling my Vitesse now, if you know of anyone who might be interested please get in touch by personal message.

meanwhile keep on reminiscing while you still can !!

Bob