How much would you pay?

Adrian

Er in doors wont let me get another car but I'm curious and we have had a few discussions about the value of cars but saw this on e bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203522397044?hash=item2f62e15374:g:ZEIAAOSwIWNg6zQI

an import in what I think is poor condition (but seems structurally sound) that probably needs a full rebuild. Its LHD which drops the value but a Mk2 that raises it a bit. It got me thinking, a wreck of a standard mini can cost pennies to £1500 but complete would probably only be valued at £4-5K but cost significantly more to complete. Same with this GT6+ not what I'd call a desirable car being LHD but would require a significant cost to restore. 

Do you work to a formula or just let your heart and desire dictate the price?

Adrian

Looks  fair price. The main costs with a restoration is the welding/panels, so if that is all sound you are saving many thousands. A bonnet is   nearly 2K new, and they will probably need fettling to fit. 

And worth remembering the cars usually cost more to restore than they are worth. But IF I wanted a really good mk2 GT6, this would be of interest. Careful inspection needed of course. I know some of the imports needed all sorts of unexpected work as buyers (wrongly) assumed they would be rust free and straight.