leaning spitfire

Ok folks , The leaning spitfire saga continues. Starting from the front I have replaced trunnions , new shocks and springs took the anti roll bar off and turned it over and added new bar links. I have replaced the trunnions in the back and a new leaf spring and she still leans , any ideas ? the drivers side is 23 " to the wheel arch while the near side is 24 1/2 " which is too high.

have you jacked the front in the centre   does the rear lean .... remove jack 

then jack the rear in the centre   does the front lean 

then you know which end is the problem

you do have same tyre size each side of the car ??

on the front can you tape measure the fitted length of the coil springs  ???

pete

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

have you jacked the front in the centre   does the rear lean .... remove jack 

then jack the rear in the centre   does the front lean 

then you know which end is the problem

you do have same tyre size each side of the car ??

on the front can you tape measure the fitted length of the coil springs  ???

pete

All the tyres are the same size and I have jacked it up like you said hence I replaced the leaf spring and the shocks and springs , everything is new including the anti roll bar links

Oddball causes, diff front mount can get bent (dropped when fitting? heard of it once). Chassis twisted (flat ground, jack car F+R and same axle stands, car should settle evenly but most have a slight twist) Years ago I bought a car with a faulty shock, it was acting like a strong spring, jacking the rear ns up. The car had gone off the road, I reckon that shock was the cause. Replaced bonnet/bumper/rear shocks/screen and door, quick paint job and sold it on, those were the days. A weekends work and made about a months wages. I digress.

You really need to work out if the issue is front or rear. As Pete says, jack car centrally and the rear, under the diff, see if the front is level. Repeat jacking the front. Wheels only just off the ground.

Only when you find which end the problem is can you make progress.