What tyres for a Triumph Herald?

jagnut66

Hi, 

I will be needing some fresh rubber for my Triumph Herald very shortly, this is the first set I will have bought for her, so I just wondered if there was a 'recommended' tyre for these cars?

The size fitted at present is 155/80 R13 and she sports standard steel wheels, which she will be retaining, as I prefer the look.

I don't mind if there is more than one recommendation, as I can then weigh them up and hunt down the best priced option. 

I can get them fitted and balanced very reasonably locally, at the same place that does my Morris Minors, which usually gives me better options on prices, as I'm just looking for tyres and won't be tied to what a fitting shop can do for me.

Many thanks,

Mike.

Toyo Nanoenergy are very good value and work well. A little better are Uniroyal or Falken. 

Of course, many will come up with all sorts of ideas as to what works well. The above are from personal experience or people I have spent time driving with and respect their judgement (teh uniroyals just last weekend 2000 miles, the owner, who REALLY knows his onions, reckons they are noticeably better than the continentals the replaced, and they were not old either)

Going through one of my usual sources and looking through the list of 155/80 R13's available I found these:

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m73b0s359p157743/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_ContiEcoContact_6_Continental_Conti_Eco_Contact_6_-_155_80_R13_79T_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_70dB

I have used this site before and am happy to do so again, however I thought Continental were a well known brand, yet these are really cheap and the 'ratings' are as good as the others listed, better than quite a few: C for fuel efficiency; B for wet weather adhesion and 70db noise rating.

So can anyone give me a good reason not to buy these?

Best wishes,

Mike. 

34 minutes ago, jagnut66 said:

Going through one of my usual sources and looking through the list of 155/80 R13's available I found these:

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m73b0s359p157743/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_ContiEcoContact_6_Continental_Conti_Eco_Contact_6_-_155_80_R13_79T_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_70dB

I have used this site before and am happy to do so again, however I thought Continental were a well known brand, yet these are really cheap and the 'ratings' are as good as the others listed, better than quite a few: C for fuel efficiency; B for wet weather adhesion and 70db noise rating.

So can anyone give me a good reason not to buy these?

Best wishes,

Mike. 

£12! Buy them!

I should have gone ahead and bought them straight away. I can only assume the price was an error, as when i now click on the link I get a message come up stating:

The product you have requested is not currently displayed within our site.

It may have been moved, re-listed, being currently updated or has been discontinued.

Probably meaning someone has spotted the mistake. 😒

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I had and had succeded in paying for them at that price they would have been obliged to supply them, as if an item is displayed and labled at a certain price in a shop the shop is then obliged by law to honour that price, even if it's a mistake.

Oh, well, back to normal prices then............

C'est la vie......