Fitting new windscreen wiper wheel boxes.

Hi Guys,

I am currently trying to fit new wiper wheel boxes to my Spit Mk3. All the diagrams show them with the metal tubing being attached at the bottom. However to fit mine that way round I have had to file loads off the bottom to get them over the heater and also file down a rivet holding the heater casing together. They will go in more easily if they are rotated so that the tubing fits at the (now) top but the tubing needs significant bending to achieve this. Has anybody experienced this problem?

Cheers.

are they the correct wheel boxes  ???   agree tubes should be at the bottom............. where did you get them from ???

if they dont resemble the ones you removed ( they must have fitted ok)  then they are the wrong part supplied.

https://whttps://www.canleyclassics.com/?diagram=triumph-spitfire-mkiii-windscreen-wipers&ptno=155430ww.canleyclassics.com/?catalogue=triumph-spitfire-mkiii&diagram=triumph-spitfire-mkiii-windscreen-wipers

fitting the tube to the top will reverse the spindle rotations and parking may not suit 

note canley cross ref to gt6 box 155430

Pete

Hi Pete,

Got them from Rimmers. All the main dimensions are the same except for the spindle shaft which is about  1 cm shorter. My old ones had seized as they had not been used for 40 years. I tried fitting one of the originals but it was still a problem. Part of the scuttle has been replaced and I suspect the holes for the wipers are not quite in the right place. I have elongated them as far as I dare but I am having to file all sorts off to get them to fit. Getting the tubes to stay in place could be interesting.

Cheers.