Triumph Herald 1200 Owners Repair Manual & Herald 1200 - 12/50 Handbook

jagnut66

Hi, 

On collecting Hetty a few months back I was given a stack of paperwork, detailing amongst other things her previous owners, a Workshop Manual, always useful, as I have found with my Morris's, plus a Triumph Herald 1200 Owners Repair Manual (did other manufacturers provide these?) and two Herald 1200 - 12/50 Handbooks.

The owners repair manual is a brilliant little book, mine even has the original dust cover, albeit moth-eaten. I have just laminated this to keep it together.

It has saved me asking about basic things like jacking points, where to put axel stands and the retightening sequence for the head stud nuts, so far.

The Herald handbooks are both 6th editions, both have the red stamped 'Impotant Notice' paragraph, however one has an 'Addendum for page 36' (again red stamped), is there any significance about this?

Or is it simply the case that they made an error and then re-issued the 6th edition with the addendum stamped below the 'Important Notice' inside the front cover?

Obviously a cheaper option than editing page 36 itself.................🙄😄

Either way I don't need two copies, so I am happy to pass the 'slightly tatty' one (the one without the addendum) onto anyone who would like a handbook for their Herald 1200 - 12/50 but hasn't got one, for free (I can't imagine it will cost me much to post it).

All I will need is the name and address of anyone who's interested.

Best wishes,

Mike.

That's to update the manual for owners who purchased a negative-earth car in later years; I suppose it was cheaper to simply stamp the cover with the red warning inside and issue the same manual to use up stocks, given that this must have been very close to the release of the 13/60 in 1967. Penny-pinching again!

Being Hetty's a 1970 car it is probably the issue with an addendum that she would have been supplied with then. 

The one without this addendum might suit the owner of an earlier car.

At least that seems logical to me.......................

Either way the spare is free to whoever needs one.

Best wishes,

Mike.